Inter Faculty Organization Supports Students United GOTV Work
Students United is thrilled to announce that the Inter Faculty Organization (IFO), the union for Minnesota's state university faculty, recently awarded Students United $11,000 to expand our Get Out The Vote (GOTV) work.
These funds will be used to register more students to vote on each of the seven state university campuses, as well as to encourage students to pledge to vote. Each student who pledges to vote will receive email and text reminders before and on election day. Our goal is to register at least 5,700 students, which is 10% of all state university students and get 8,600 pledges which is 15% of all state university students.
The money we received will be used to:
- Provide t-shirts to Students United Campus Committee members and volunteers as they push for registrations and pledges
- Tablets for each university for online voter registrations and pledges
- Stipends for additional GOTV work and incentives for meeting registration and pledge goals
- Facebook ads and a Snapchat Geofilter at each university on October 18, the last day to register to vote in Minnesota
- GOTV trainings on campuses
We greatly appreciate the support and opportunity to partner with the IFO as we work to increase student voter turnout at all of our state universities.