State Chair Joe Wolf's Farewell
How do I sum up these past two years, I spent as an officer, with Students United into 500 words? I’m not sure I can, but here it goes. First and foremost, I’d like to say thank you! Thank you to students for the continued progress and success Students United has had over the past two years.
Joe also hosted his last episode of the Students United Podcast. Listen here!
Thank you, 2015-16 and 2016-17 Board of Directors, for the integral part you all played in the name change, the strategic plan, and having some tough conversations on moving our organization forward. We have left an impact on improving current and future state university students' lives on and off campus. We continued and enhanced ideas previous boards left and laid the foundation for future boards. Also, thank you staff for assisting in implementing our motions, serving as an excellent resource for students, and helping keep me sane throughout the years. Shout out to Elsbeth, Sarah, Aly, Carlee, Justin, and Kalista for being the best staff team students could ask for.
As I reflect on the past two years, I figured out I have worked alongside 18 different directors, 7 fellow officers, 10 staff members, on 3 boards, over the past 27.5 months. Thank you, 2015-16 State Chair, Cara Luebke for laying the foundation for success last year. The dedication you showed and the leadership you provided helped me be successful as state chair this past year. Thank you Vice Chair Dylan Green and Treasurer Sean Duckworth for being there for me during stressful times and being the best officer team anyone could ask for. I have gained lifelong friendships, new mentors, and memorable moments on campuses and at delegate conferences.
I have thoroughly enjoyed having the opportunity to travel to every campus multiple times throughout my terms and discovering what makes each of our campuses and communities unique. Here are a few of my discoveries over the past two years:
- Winona State has the most beautiful campus and community
- Bemidji State has the nicest student body and the best outdoor activities
- St Cloud State has infinite opportunities to offer students on and off campus
- MSU Moorhead has the most unique students and the best student union
- MSU, Mankato has the best sports teams and the best nightlife
- Southwest MN State has most welcoming students and the closest-knit student body
- Metro State has the best views of St Paul and the most diverse student body
- Best Coffee Shop: Cantabria in Bemidji
- Best Dive Bar: Mick’s office in Moorhead
- Best Brewery: Brau Brothers Brewery in Marshall
- Best views: Garvin Heights in Winona
It has been an honor to serve as your 2016-17 State Chair, 2015-16 Vice Chair, and Interim Treasurer for this exceptional organization over the past two years. I will miss the students I met, the boards I worked with, and the staff members who work hard every day for students. Even though my time as an active student with Students United has come to an end, I will still stay involved as an active alumnus with the organization. I will miss my Students United family. I look forward to the success Students United will have in the future.
If you ever need to reach out for any reason, or connect, my e-mail is email@example.com.