Nominations are now open for the positions of State Chair, Vice Chair and Treasurer. For more information on the roles and responsibilities of this position please see the Students United Bylaws here.
The term for these positions will be from July 1st, 2017 until June 30th, 2018.
you can be nominated in three ways:
- Nominated by a peer or yourself by the Board or Delegates at our February Delegates Assembly.
- Nominate yourself and simply apply! (this is not uncommon, several former State Chairs have done this)
- At our April Delegates Conference, nominations for State Chair from the Board of Directors, for students who were not previously nominated or did not submit materials, can be allowed by a 2/3 vote of the body, prior to the beginning of the candidate questions. In the case of Vice Chair and Treasurer, the nominations can be made by the delegates and would still require the 2/3 vote of the body.
what to do once you are nominated:
Nominated or interested candidates should submit the following items to the Students United office at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Thursday, March 8th:
- A personal statement that addresses reasons for desiring the officer position, any goals that the candidate has for the organization, and any other information that may be pertinent to the election process
- A current academic transcript
- A current resume
- At least one letter of recommendation (optional)
Elections for State Chair will be held during the Board of Directors meeting on Friday, April 6th OR Saturday, April 7th.
Elections for Vice Chair and Treasurer will be held during the Spring Delegates Assembly on Saturday, April 7th.
For more information on officer elections please see the Students United Board Policy and Procedures here.